Lifestyle, Fashion, Beauty, Travel

Pages

5.8.15

Adventure | The New Forest

My family and I decided to take a road trip up to The New Forest the other day, and can I tell you now, I have never experienced so much in one day! Everything was, you could say fine, up until we got there. The drive there was tedious and long, but I guess that's just standard for long car journeys. When we finally arrived in Brockenhurst, The New Forest, it was like something from a Disney fairy tale; everything was just picture perfect. It reminded me of something you would find on the front of a postcard you'd send to a friend or family member.




After having a little stroll around the village of Brockenhurst we decided to have a much needed coffee stop, just in time too. A huge downpour of rain decided to come out of nowhere. Once the rain had stopped and we'd all finished our drinks we started heading towards the forest. 
Let the adventure begin!

Walking through the fields to get into the woodlands, there were cows, horses and ponies all just roaming around. As casual as it would be for me to look out my window at home and see a bird sitting on the fence! As beautiful as it was to see them up close, I'm not going to lie to you, I was slightly scared to get too close haha! Once we had entered the forest itself, my brother came up with the genius (not) idea to find a pub that was no where to be seen.






This led to us getting lost a couple of times, tripping over branches and nearly a two hour walk. It turns out the pub was in Lyndhurst, the next village down from Brockenhurst. WE FINALLY FOUND THE PUB! We all had lunch, a much deserved pit-stop and enjoyed the sun. It was then time to head back to the car.


Instead of walking back through the woods, my dear old dad thought it would be a fabulous idea to walk alongside the dual carriageway. I'm not going to ask why but we done it anyway. On this walk back we came across a dead deer AND a skull of an animal, and to top it off I must've twisted my ankle about 100 times!




Despite all of that we made it back to the car, back home all in one piece and had a lovely family day out.


Until next time,

Nadia 

xo