Lifestyle, Fashion, Beauty, Travel

Pages

26.7.17

My First Time: Flying Solo

At 19 years of age, I finally ventured off on my first solo adventure to a different country. Although this trip was only a short haul flight; from London to Glasgow, it was definitely filled with a few bumps along the way.

So what did I think about traveling alone? It was definitely a lot quieter, that's for sure! But I also enjoyed it. I'm quite an independent person but this experience has enabled me to become more self-reliant and organised. However, the waiting around did become a bit tedious, as classic me had used up all of my 3G and the airport Wi-Fi was only free for an hour, so I was sitting around waiting like a lemon for the majority of the time. Although, for once, I had come prepared and brought along my book and had downloaded my music on Spotify so I didn’t need really any internet, it’s not like people were blowing up my phone either, clearly not very popular .

Landing in Glasgow was straightforward as I didn’t have any luggage to collect and my cousin and aunty were already waiting for me. So, it’s safe to say that the outwards journey was a walk in the park.

After spending the weekend getting some final bits for our bridesmaid’s outfits and of course the dress fitting, it was now the Sunday, and I was due to fly home. This didn’t go quite as planned. Originally, I would catch my 21:00 flight from Glasgow, get home, go to bed, and go to work in the morning. But of course, nothing for me is ever that simple.



My flight gets cancelled. Not only this, but the alternative flight that was provided by EasyJet for free then sold out, meaning I was technically stuck in Scotland… Thankfully, my uncle managed to find me a flight with British Airways for the following morning but this was an extortionate price and it still meant that I wouldn’t make work, but at least I would be home.

The flight back was, again, fairly straightforward. Basically the same as the way there, apart from the fact that BA were playing operatic music as everyone boarded the plane, I suppose there’s a first time for everything.

I actually managed to make it back in one piece, with all of my belongings, who would’ve thought! Not going to lie, but I’m slightly dreading flying to America on my own now…

Until next time,

Nadia


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment