Lifestyle, Fashion, Beauty, Travel

Pages

26.4.17

ILOVETOUR | Croatia 04.17

Waking up at 3am isn't normally my call of duty, but here there was an exception; I was off to Croatia! Tour had finally come and I couldn't have be happier. Now, the majority of you reading this are probably confused as to what Tour is; I play netball at uni and our team, along with many other sports teams from my uni as well as others, all head off to a foreign country to play our sport and have a bit of a holiday, and this year we're off to Croatia.



At the airport, all tour fresher’s got paired with returners. As well as this, all fresher’s got handed a whiteboard with tasks in order to win ourselves our cutlery for dinner, set from their paired returner. My tasks were as follows: in order for me to win my fork I had to jump into the pool fully clothed, for my spoon I had to ask not only one boy, but four boys for their email addresses, yep you read right, not their numbers, their email addresses… and finally, for my spoon I had to do three back-to-back shots of tequila.

After this we were handed our tour t-shirts and mine left me speechless. "She rode me too hard, but I left her sore". Now, despite the frisky and sexual connotations, the story behind this is a lot more innocent than you may think. *flash back* It was after a classic night out at Fez when me and my friend were pretty gone, herself more than I, and I thought I'd try and be helpful and give her a piggyback back up to our flat. What a bad idea that was. I managed to get her on my back and make a couple of steps forward, the next thing I knew we were both on the floor and I had broken my elbow:))). *back to the present* Despite me telling you this story, I will admit that the back of my tour t-shirt definitely implies something else.

In my hotel room, I was sharing with another fresher, like myself, and a returner, one of whom neither of us had been paired with. We were getting ready for our first night out, not quite sure what to expect but looking at the costumes that we had to wear that night, we 100% knew that we weren’t going to be able to keep our dignity looking the way we did (lol). All of the fresher’s had to dress up as convicts and all of the returners as police women. I kid you not, I honestly felt like I was the third member of bananas in pyjamas, or a gigantic Tesco’s carrier bag. Despite how hilarious we looked, we had a brilliant time. The tasks we had to do, I probably wouldn’t have been able to do them sober but when you’re pissed out of your head, who gives a fuck, right?



At breakfast the following day, I must admit, I wasn’t feeling too bad. Thank god too because this was the first and last day that we would actually play netball. You know, the thing that this whole trip was supposedly focused on *wink wink*. After about one full game of netball we all decided to head off to the beach, where I actually fell asleep and now have the world’s biggest tan lines on my back, lovin’ life.

Fast-forwarding to the second night out, and this night we were dressed as a blank canvas, which for us fresher’s was just a baggy white top. This was probably my favourite costume of them all, despite what my returner actually wrote all over me and made me wear a juice carton in my ponytail. Safe to say I looked pretty hilarious, but I didn’t care, it’s all part of the fun. I also managed to twist my ankle about a dozen times, even though I was wearing trainers, but I guess you can say that that was part of the fun too, right?


Day three and I was starting to feel it now. My throat was killing me, my body was covered in bruises, probably because we all kept rolling around in the sand and jumping into the water fountain, and I felt so sick. I was hanging pretty bad. So what did I decide to do, go to the beach with everyone and have a nap, of course:). It was safe to say though that being in the sun did actually make me feel a lot better, and come 9pm I was ready to go out and make a total fool out of myself, just like I do every other night out. As you’re probably noticing, the costumes tend to be a reoccurring theme for every night out, and night three consisted of all fresher’s being wrapped up in loo roll and Clingfilm to mummify us. All of this pretty much came off us throughout the night, but don’t be alarmed, we did have clothes on underneath. I would fill you in on what happened after we all got mummified but being honest, it’s all just a bit of a black blur…

My god, waking up had never been worse. I was still drunk. Going down to breakfast and I still had half of last night’s make up on, my hair literally looked like I’d been dragged through a bush backwards and the sight of food just made me want to throw up. I felt like shit the entire day and I was not looking forward to our final night out. I was not physically or mentally prepared for what was going to go down that night.


The costumes for night four were decent, we were cheerleaders. However, that meant that I had to wear my oh-so-lovely tour top, you know, the one with the innocent backstory behind it? Yeah that one. At pre-drinks we had to do the usual; down all of our drinks about ten times. I’ll spare you the grim details, but let’s just say that I now had less drink in me than I had drank. Not going to lie, but I don’t remember much of this night either, and I honestly don’t know how or when I got to bed. But what I do remember was that we had to be up at 6:30am to catch our flight, and my entire flat, luckily, got woken up by a returner as we managed to sleep through our alarm…


7am and I was sitting on the coach, still in last night’s outfit, with last night’s makeup, and once again, still drunk. The flight back felt like an eternity and once all the travelling was over and I was back at uni, I had never been so happy in my life to jump in the shower and go to bed at 4pm.

Until next time,

Nadia
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment