Lifestyle, Fashion, Beauty, Travel

Pages

30.5.17

Beauty | Drugstore Haul

Sorry for being M.I.A. recently, I’ve been quite busy, but I’m back now! Today we’re getting back on schedule with a drugstore haul. Now, these are just a few bits that I needed to grab on my most recent shopping trip. However, the products are mainly skincare and haircare, as opposed to makeup related bits. With that little disclaimer out of the way, let’s get into it.

So, I recently dyed my hair, nothing major, but I added a few highlights and lowlights (I used the L'Oréal Préférence Glam Bronde in 03 and 04) and knowing my luck, it didn’t turn out quite as I’d hoped. At first it looked rusty and very warm-toned, but after talking to a friend, she recommended that I used purple shampoo. So I did, and oh my god, it’s worked miracles. I picked up the Charles Worthington Colour Enhancer Violet Toning shampoo and conditioner from Boots, and because these were 3 for 2, I also grabbed the Charles Worthington Colour Revive Mousse Violet Toning. When I first tried this out, I wasn’t too sure of what to expect, but I really wasn’t expecting my whole shower to turn purple. Yes, I know it’s in the name; purple shampoo/conditioner, but I have very little common sense and this came as a surprise to me, lol.

From Boots

From Boots


While in Boots, I was in desperate need of some moisturiser, nothing fancy, so I picked up my all-time favourite one, which is the Garnier Intensive 7 Days Lotion in mango. This stuff honestly works wonders. Recently my skin has been so dry and just not very nice, but having been applying this after the shower, my skin is starting to look and feel like normal again, plus it smells amazing.



On to something slightly more fun, interesting, and makeup related. When I was in Superdrug I went to the false eyelashe section and picked up three fabulous pairs of lashes. Now, so far I’ve only been able to test out one pair, and I already think they’re my favourite lashes I’ve tried. Yes, they’re even better than Ardells’ Demi Wispies… The night I tried these I was slightly drunk and I managed to get them on in one take, something that I normally struggle with when I’m sober. This pair was the Eylure Rosie Bea "Heyday" lashes, this style of lash fans out more towards the end of the eye, meaning that the lashes aren’t all the same length along the whole lid, this helps create a more natural look but still creates definition. The second pair of lashes I picked up are also a part of the same Rosie Bea range, but I got them in "Frolic". This pair is also slightly fanned, however, the length is a lot longer than the previous pair. Lastly, I picked up a pair of Kiss lashes in "Iconic". I’ve only ever tried one other pair of Kiss lashes, and I was impressed. Despite having to cut the lashes to fit my eye, the overall effect was very natural looking, which I love. I’m yet to try these but I don’t think I’ll be disappointed.

Eylure Rosie Bea in Heyday 

Eylure Rosie Bea in Frolic

Kiss in Iconic

That’s everything I picked up at the drugstore, and I hoped you enjoyed the post. Again, I do apologise for slacking recently, but I have a few more exciting posts coming soon!

Until next time,

Nadia


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment